Wednesday, December 4, 2013

DO YOU TRIM?

I do!  In fact, I seem to spend an inordinate amount of time trimming stray threads. Especially on something like this...
 


It's something I usually do in the evening when I'm too tired after a full day of work to do anything else! I use a lot of white in my quilts and don't like the idea of a wayward coloured piece of thread showing through the white fabric after the quilt is finished. I even find myself a little obsessed at times!
 
Here's a picture of the finished quilt...
 

 
I love star quilts but find making them a little monotonous!  Looking at the end result though, I think it's worth it. This is probably my last finish of 2013.  I didn't keep track of how many quilts I made this year...maybe around 20 or so. I think this one did me in for a while!
 

2 comments:

  1. Such a pretty quilt - love the soft quality of the colours. I too like star quilts!! I think I could be better at remembering to trim my threads - I tend not to haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! It was fun choosing the colours.

    ReplyDelete