Friday, January 17, 2014

FIRST FINISH OF THE YEAR!

Well...almost!  Is it already January 17?  Where does the time go?
 
For my first quilt this year, I put together this pretty little stack of fabric...
 
 
and whipped up another Road Trip quilt (a la Cluck Cluck Sew).  I guess I'm going to have to eat my words. I have vague recall of a previous post where I talked about rarely making the same quilt twice.  But there are exceptions to every rule...right!  I think I've made at least five of these! Anyway, here is the finished quilt (sans binding)...
 
 
I took advantage of a sunny moment to get a quick picture!  The colours are actually much softer than they appear in the photo.  I used a few Posy prints and added in some turquoise, grey, and yellow from my stash. 
 
Have you ever sat down at your machine to quilt a quilt and had no idea what you are going to do? This was my experience with this quilt.  I didn't feel like attaching my FMQ foot and my walking foot was already on my machine so I decided to go with wavy lines to keep the quilt nice and soft!  I've done this type of quilting before but much more dense.  In the end I think this was the right decision for this quilt!  I've decided that I need to get a little more adventuresome with my quilting this year so I think I'm off to a good start!
 
In other quilting news, I've decided to loosely join the Economy Block Quilt-Along going on right now! (See Rita's blog for details.) Her tutorial is great and my blocks have turned out perfectly - all three of them!  Here they are...
 
 
I'm planning a small baby quilt with these and hope to make four or five a week!  Only 56 more to go! Fortunately they are lots of fun to make!
Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish It Up Friday!
Happy Belated New Year!
 
 

1 comment: