Friday, September 26, 2014

A (FAVOURITE) FINISH!

Firstly, let me say a huge thanks to everyone who commented on my last post!  I'm pretty sure it generated the most comments I have ever received. It made me look at that particular quilt, and all my quilts, actually, in a new light.  Sometimes it's hard to silence that inner critic and listen to my inner creator! 

Anyway, this week I have a finish that I truly love! I've had a stack of Wee Wander marinating on my shelf for quite some time just waiting for the perfect quilt.  These prints lend themselves well to fussy cutting. I have to say, though, I have mixed feelings about fussy cutting.  While I love cutting out the little motifs, I absolutely hate wasting my precious fabrics. In the end, though, it had to be done.  Here is my finished quilt!
 
 
I'm really happy with the way it turned out. This is my own pattern that I created specifically for prints that work well with fussy cutting. This is my second quilt with the pattern (I sold the first one at a craft fair last year)!  I'm not sure I will be able to let this one go. I may have to save it for someone special!  We'll see! 
Have a great weekend everyone.
Linking up with Amanda Jean for Finish it Up Friday!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your use of Wee Wander fabric. You've done a great job of making the fabrics shine. I have a box of this fabric but am really reluctant to cut it up, maybe this will encourage me to take the plunge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...get to it! These fabrics are so much fun to work with! I look forward to seeing your finished project.

      Delete
  2. Again - LOVE!!! So cuuuute. I especially like the way you have worked in the lighter colour fabrics - it really makes them shine, rather than blend to the background. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I love it so much cos of the white sashings and the different placement of the shapes, not all lined up, and of course the fabric is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete